Don't miss any deals! Sign up to receive my RSS Feed or daily email alerts! And be sure to click on the store links above for all the latest deals. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas At Our House


Christmas was a hit at our house. My kids got up at 5:30 am and started opening presents. I was able to stretch the present opening out until about 8:15 am. Not bad. My son loved his Mickey Mouse Choo Choo train and his Mickey cars and his Mickey plate and his Mickey books.... can you tell who his hero is?

My daughter opened all her presents and then laughed and said "Santa forgot to give me a DS". She's 5! She just learned what a DS was last week. Mercy. But my dad became her hero later in the day. He got her the Vtech handheld and she thinks it's a DS and I am not telling her any differently.

My husband surprised me on Christmas morning. He ordered me the mini version of Kirsten from American Girl. I have wanted this doll since I was 10 and I was so upset that she was being retired this year. The bigger version was already on back order, but the mini doll is just fine with me. I cried for a good 10 minutes after he gave it to me. (I am a dork. I know it.)

My family came later Christmas Day and the house was a little chaotic but it was so much fun having them all together. I took the easy way out this year and I gave them all Blue Tooths. They love them! It's actually pleasant to talk to my mother now because she is using her Blue Tooth instead of the speaker option on her phone.

My Mother In Law and Nephew have been here since Christmas Eve and leave tomorrow morning. Please forgive me for my lack of posting. I've been spending as much time with both of them as I can.


4 Comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog.....So glad to be back to reading my favorite blogs....and off a ladder decorating trees...
I am so glad that I joined the blog world....and have made so many sweet friends....Blessings in 2010

Jen said...

How on earth did you stretch present opening for over two hours? I am just wondering because at my house, no matter how many presents, half hour max! LoL I am just curious what your method is!

ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas story! As far "forgiving for not posting more"...you are too awesome for everything you do and should not even think about saying this. It's Christmas and I was shocked to see any posts. You Rock!

Joyce said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! That is funny about the DS...my daughter is 8 this year and started asking for one when she was 6:-) I got her a VSmile last year...and that did the trick...this year her Maw-maw and Paw-pw got her and her next in line sister (she is six) each one for their birthdays! It was a huge surprise and blessing...bc I did not know how I would've come up wit the moula for those things! I know you'll find some way to get it for next to nothing...when the time is right:) Enjoy your family and Have a Very Happy New year!

Great Coupon Sites

Visit Hotcouponworld It's all about the deals.

A Full Cup

Disney 2009

Photobucket
This site is NOT AFFILIATED WITH the Walt Disney Company, or Walt Disney World in any way.

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger

TOPO