Don't miss any deals! Sign up to receive my RSS Feed or daily email alerts! And be sure to click on the store links above for all the latest deals. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My daughter has the swine flu!

Emily started running a fever on Saturday morning of 102. I gave her some Motrin and it would come down for a while but would spike back up once the medicine wore off. She had the chills and wanted to lay around all day. Saturday evening she appeared fine though.

Sunday morning she woke up burning up with a fever again. She also had a runny nose and was sneezing and coughing. We decided to take her to the urgent clinic just to be safe. They did the flu test, and it was positive. Bless her heart.

The doctor said the H1N1 flu is not as severe as last winter's flu. The CDC is recommending to treat the symptoms and rest. The doctor gave her a prescription for a cough medicine with a decongestant and an excuse to get out of school for a week!

Right now she's resting and I am trying to keep my son away from her. I would hate for him to get it too.

Hopefully she will feel better quickly. I just hate when my baby is sick.

4 Comments:

Cheryl Wade said...

Hope she gets better soon. I know how tough it is. You just wish you could take the sickness or pain away.

Diane said...

Hope she feels better soon!!

cpullum said...

Sorry to hear that. My daughter had the same symptons this past year and the doctor did the same thing for my daughter I than became ill too. This is right before swine flu was diagnosed. We always wondered if we had it but it was before they announced it. If it's the same thing she should be okay in two weeks. My daughter got an antobitoc shot. She also had to be on bed rest for a week. Her temp was 106. I was surprised they didin't put her in the hospital. Have a great week and you daughter will get better.
Carla

Sparky's Mom said...

Praying for your daughter and your family.

Great Coupon Sites

Visit Hotcouponworld It's all about the deals.

A Full Cup

Disney 2009

Photobucket
This site is NOT AFFILIATED WITH the Walt Disney Company, or Walt Disney World in any way.

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger

TOPO