Don't miss any deals! Sign up to receive my RSS Feed or daily email alerts! And be sure to click on the store links above for all the latest deals. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Smart Shopping Parts 1 - 5

You will have plenty to eat and you will praise the name of the Lord your God who has worked wonders for you - Joel 2:26

Smart Shopping: Getting a dollar out of a dime

I taught my first coupon class this week (I'm teaching a course at my library on Thursdays at 10 am and at my church on Sundays at 6 pm). It's the first of a 4 week series called Smart Shopping: Getting a dollar out of a dime. I decided to make it 4 weeks, because there is sooooo much information about being a smart shopper. Sure I could of condescend it down into a 1-2 hour class, but I would of had to of left a lot of information and I didn't want to do that.

I filmed myself teaching the class ahead of time so my great friend could watch it and tell me if I made sense. She said I did and she really liked it. I got great feedback from the class at the library on Thursday too. So I decided to publish the videos so my wonderful readers could watch them too.

This first 5 parts of the series gives you a firm foundation of knowledge when it comes to coupons and smart shopping. I talk about the different common coupon myths and the truth behind them, where to find coupons and how to organize them. So sit back and enjoy my class... just don't make fun of the way I look. I probably should of put on make up... ;).

Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Next week I will teach about how to shop at Walmart, Target and CVS. I might throw a little more in there depending on how much time it takes to teach about shopping at those stores. So look for those videos later this week!

17 Comments:

The List Maker said...

EXCELLENT! I'm a dedicated couponer and have been for years, but you still gave me ideas to improve. I watched all 5 back-to-back!

Sunkissed Super Saver said...

Thank you for this! I have been couponing for the last two monthes, and fell hard FAST, and this has given me some good pointers.

I linked it on my blog!

Julie said...

The videos aren't showing up for me. :(

Kristin from Couponing to Disney said...

Here is a link to the first video. You should be able to find all 5 through this link. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3eC0gsbtI8&feature=player_embedded

Unknown said...

Kristin, Thank you for posting these! I have two left to watch and will get right back to this after I post. Already they are so helpful. Like I posted to your Facebook, I am very new to this but really taking stride to do better at saving for my husband and I. I'm hoping by the time we have children, I've mastered this for a growing family. :) Thank you again for your time and help! It's SO appreciated!

- Krystal Chiarolla

Anonymous said...

A big thank you I am a newbie couponer but already loving it. Your videos was great can't wait for the rest. Thank you for all your hard work! Have a blessed day!

Leslie T :) said...

I really enjoyed watching these. I've been couponing for awhile, but it is always good to hear about how others do it. I look forward to next week!!!

missy said...

Thank you so much!!! I learned a lot and have sent the link to my sister who is just now starting to know the power of a coupon.

You look great in the video(s)

hugs
-missy-

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I really enjoyed these. One of my hang-ups has always been to only buy the things and brands I am loyal to. I had never seen a reason why to buy other things, you gave me some great ideas, in particular, I loved the idea about donating to charity.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! What great videos! I have friends who always ask me about couponing, now I can refer them to your site. Great info! And I love your southern accent :)

Anonymous said...

Great job!... & a lot of good info given. I wish all the cashiers (especially, Wal-mart cashiers!) out there could see these videos. The stores never seem to educate their cashiers about coupons & coupon usage. Thanks for posting the videos... looking forward to the next installment.
-kij

christy said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these videos! I watched all 5 videos w/ my 10yo daughter. We loved them. Great info! she says she loves your accent too :)
I am going to share with my non-couponing family and friends to hopefully get them over their hesitations of coupons!

By the way, love your blog. So much great info.

I took my daughter to Disney last week on her bday (we are close to Orlando so just went for the day). We had the best time!!!

Anonymous said...

For those who are interested in clipping all of their coupons...http://thehappyhousewife.com/ has put together a program for sending your expired coupons to military families overseas. Apparently, the commissary will accept coupons up to six months past the expiration date. I personally clip all my coupons and what I cannot use or don't get to use goes to my military contact.

Anonymous said...

Great Job!
Thanks for the time you have put into this to show us how it works..

I too am saving to go to Disney in January 2010.

Joyce said...

Thanks for posting these, Kristin! I'm very anxious to learn as much as I ca as fast as I can;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for doing these videos! I'm new at this & my attention span is so short that I lose interest after a few paragraphs of reading, but the videos are exactly what I needed.

Thanks again!!

Nancy L.

Anonymous said...

does anyone out there want to trade coupons

Great Coupon Sites

Visit Hotcouponworld It's all about the deals.

A Full Cup

Disney 2009

Photobucket
This site is NOT AFFILIATED WITH the Walt Disney Company, or Walt Disney World in any way.

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger

TOPO